Monday, April 30, 2018

Where there were deserts I saw fountains (Patti Smith)

Photo by Mario Calvo on Unsplash

First day back (for Term Two) and it's always like the holidays haven't happened, right!

Today has been a lovely blur of action - problem solving/ listening/ receiving questions/ emergency relief teaching/ supervising French listening tests/ investigations/ receiving questions/ phone calls/ conversations/ complaints/ emails/ receiving questions/ decisions/ meetings/ restorative conversations...

Like I said - as if the holidays haven't happened.

But that's as it should be because we should live in the moment as much as possible.

Groucho Marx's amazing quote again comes to mind:

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

No comments: