Sunday, April 24, 2016

I get delirious (Prince)


It's the middle of my holidays! YEH!!!!

I love to immerse myself in the flow of physical labour during my holidays. I get bone tired but my mind is wide awake; just enough that I can watch wonderful films like The Double Life Of Veronique and read Patti Smith's M Train with rapt attention.

I read about 'flow' in a cool article called The Habits of Supremely Happy People.  It immediately struck a chord.
When you’re immersed in an activity that is simultaneously challenging, invigorating and meaningful, you experience a joyful state called “flow.” Happy people seek this sensation of getting “caught up” or “carried away,” which diminishes self-consciousness and promotes the feelings associated with success. As explained by Pursuit-of-happiness.org, “In order for a Flow state to occur, you must see the activity as voluntary, enjoyable (intrinsically motivating), and it must require skill and be challenging (but not too challenging) with clear goals towards success.”
Brilliant! 

Okay - back to work...

No comments: