Thursday, January 19, 2012

Honey, you're the reason I can't sleep at night (The Blue Ridge Rangers)

All up - a crappy week.

This doesn't happen often. In fact I can't remember when I last had one - probably when I was a Principal actually when an event would turn into quicksand. The more you struggle to get out of it the deeper you get.

This week had a variety of off putting moments capped off with the theft of 15,000 dirhams from my cashbox (see http://wozzasplace.blogspot.com for the whole sorry saga).

The problem with a doozy like that is that it stays in your brain for ages and it doesn't go away unless (like in quicksand) you remain calm and wait for the cavalry to arrive.

So in an attempt to retrieve the week somewhat - I'm aiming to end it on a positive calm note.

I went to Stuff.co for some NZ news to cheer myself up with. Doh - earthquakes, road carnage and holiday beach disaster were all on offer.

But then a headline caught my eye - I beg your pardon...Nuckin' Futs??

A snack maker, marketing its product to pubs, nightclubs and other entertainment venues, is calling its snack Nuckin Futs, after getting the green light from Australian regulators.

The Trade Marks Examiner initially decided Nuckin Futs was scandalous and inappropriate and rejected a trademark application.

The company's lawyers had argued the four-letter word implied in the product name by juxtaposing the words' initials, is a normal part of Australian speech and therefore not offensive.

The trademark was eventually allowed on condition the Queensland owner does not market the product to children.

The edible snack, which contains nuts, will only be sold in pubs, nightclubs and other entertainment venues.

Thank God for mad Australians!! A normal part of aussie speak eh?

I've always felt they were nukin' futs! I feel better already!

No comments: